Linkd Tourism were engaged to help utilise Baz Luhrmann’s ELVIS film release to motivate Australian consumers and new generations to consider Memphis as a holiday destination, walking in Elvis Presley’s footsteps.
Linkd Tourism sought an opportunity to develop a partnership with the film studio, creating a campaign proposal that centred around the messaging ‘See the film, live the legacy in Memphis’. Managing an official partner campaign with Warner Bros, elements of the campaign incorporated:
- Digital Campaign: a Memphis destination feature with guide to experiencing the key Elvis sights; a consumer competition to win money-can’t- buy tickets to red carpet film premiere on Australia’s Gold Coast (where the film was made) and promotion across social and eDM.
- Radio Campaign: developed a ‘Walking Backwards in Memphis’ consumer competition which was integrated within a drive time radio show with buy in from radio host, with prize including a trip for 2 to Memphis, USA and runner up prize of a trip to Memphis Motel, Parkes, NSW. Supported by in stream and promotional ad slots.
- Street team consumer ticket giveaway: Sponsorship of season film passes given away to consumers with an Elvis themed challenge.
- Media famil: Invited key media across travel and lifestyle titles to live Elvis legacy in Memphis on a group famil, with stories to be published in line with the film release.
- Airline integration: Through our in-market relationships, we develped airline partnership, integrating airline mentions across media in exhange for flight assistance.
Radio campaigns cumulative reach: 2,305,238
Fam coverage reach: 11,077,655
Digital campaign reach: 401,957
Media Value: $2,386,153
Competition Entries: 15,036