Your Chance To Win A Trip To Oklahoma!
♫We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
We’re only ‘
You’re ‘ fine, Oklahoma!
#OKHereWeGo. The COVID pandemic has shown how resilient and talented our tourism industry community is. Many of us have had to broaden our skills or turn to some of our other passions and talents to ride the COVID wave. At Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation, we feel it’s time for us to showcase these skills to both our industry – and Australia. So get ready to warm up those vocal cords and raise your voice. Because we’re putting on a show…and we want YOU to be a part of it!
This March, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation and our partners Brand USA and United Airlines want to show Australia that international travel is back. So we’re staging a one-performance only talent show highlighting the songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s classic musical, OKLAHOMA! But instead of hiring professional singers, we want to showcase the talent of our beloved tourism industry. So we’re looking for 4 brave and talented performers to help us bring some of these classic songs to life!
Here’s how it will work:
- Between now and Friday 25 February, we’re asking our friends in the tourism sector to record and submit a short 60-90 second video including 30-60 seconds of you singing one of the classic songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA!, along with a short message on why YOU want to visit Oklahoma, to enter the chance to join our performance. If you need inspiration, you can find songs from the musical here: https://open.spotify.com/album/3JctweW8WZzHbU8gw0J8NP
- They’ll also receive some time with a professional vocal coach ahead of the performance, and make-up and costume support to help them feel like a star.
- If all that wasn’t enough, on the night, one of the lucky performers will also be chosen (based on a panel of industry leaders and the audience) to WIN a Grand Prize of 2 x Return Economy Class Tickets flying United Airlines from either Sydney or Melbourne to Oklahoma, where they can get their kicks on Route 66, attend a rodeo, sample some BBQ, or experience a number of other attractions the State has to offer.
- Plus, you’ll also get to show your support of the industry by being part of a major event to showcase the resilience of our sector on the 2-year anniversary of border closures due to COVID-19.
- To enter, just record your video, and submit it via the button below: